This past Sunday and Monday, we started our massive set-build at Storyeum. What is Storyeum, you ask? Check this out: http://www.greatervancouverparks.com/Storyeum01.html
Vancouver Film School now uses a portion of Storyeum for film shoots and other productions.
Our set-build this weekend was focused on the building of Cinderella & Belle’s castle. The project consists of the following:
- Build the interior of the castle
- Paint EVERYTHING! (by everything, we mean EVERYTHING!)
- Create artwork for the walls (with painted moldings and fabric)
- Build a collapsible wall to create different scenes
- Build a fireplace
- Dance to 80’s music for our 80’s themed mockumentary (yes, we did this)
Armed with our “Dollar Store” painter’s outfits ($2.75 each at the Yaletown location), paintbrushes and power-tools, we attacked the space and managed to get through approximately half our mission.
What did we accomplish over 2 days?
- Space cleaned and prepped for the build
- Walls painted
- Ceiling panels finished
- Built the frames for the wall art (1 of 11 is now up on the walls)
What do we have left to do?
- Complete the finishing (paint the edges/trims and floor)
- Complete and hang the remaining 10 art pieces on the walls
- Build the collapsible wall
- Build the fireplace
And the 80’s mockumentary…Stay tuned because it’s coming soon to www.youtube.com/vancouverfilmschool